Friday, June 29, 2007

Transformers, the movie

For some crazy reason in this whole world, all the men in my life are stubborn. And I’m not talking about only men I get involved emotionally with (and physically. ehhrrr, no further details here, excuse me!), I’m talking about friends, my brother, my dad, uncles, cousins, work mates, every single one of them.

I usually say one always attracts the same type of person closer to themselves. I dunno how to explain this, but I believe a person will always find one (or maybe two or three) particular characteristic in a partner that was common to all previous partners. Well, if it hasn’t happened to you, you’re freaky!!! This happens to all people I know well.

Back to the story, the most common characteristic in men, in my personal experience is stubbornness. And as I said, it isn’t only with my partner. I get it with all my male friends and relatives as well.

Well, the movie Transformers started showing yesterday on the cinemas here in Australia. My work mate, whose desk is right across mine, was dying to see this movie, and he was counting the days for the opening. He was so excited at work yesterday, telling me how he couldn’t wait to watch the movie that night. I gave him the first piece of advice:

Me: “The cinema is going to be packed tonight with screaming kids, with their Transformer toys, running around the place, making funny noises “vvvvvvtttttt”, “paw”, shhhhtttt”, and you’ll be going nuts asking yourself what the hell your are doing there in the opening night…

He said that there were TWO, not only one, but TWO sessions around 6.15pm ish and he’s going to be fine.

Then I gave him the second piece of advice:

Me: “6pm?? That’s exactly when the parents leave work, pick up their kids and go to the opening night of a movie their kids like. A movie like Transformers, for example. Why don’t you go later???”

At that stage, I started to realise that he was just one more of the stubborn men that crosses my life and I started to have a laugh…

He went on and on about how he’d be fine as there were two sessions, and that wouldn’t be a problem.

Then I decided to give him the third and last piece of advice, but it came with a warning:

Me: “Ben, it’s 3.45pm now. If you REALLY want to make this movie tonight, you must book your ticket now in the Internet. Otherwise you won’t get seats. It has happened to me before, and I was very disappointed. And, most importantly, if you don’t get the tickets, you will miss out, and I will make sooooooo, but sooooo much fun of you that you will hate me and the Transformers forever. I’ll have no mercy!!!”

He said he’d be fine.

Ok, this morning started very well for me. As I opened the office door…

Me: “Morning Ben, how was the movie??”

Ben: “Good” (with a very shy smile)…

Me (dancing around the office): “hahaahhahahahha, hahahhahahaha, hahahahahhhaha… You hahahahha didn’t hahahha see the movie hahahahahaha, did you????

Ben: “ No, it was sold out”

Me: “hahahahahha, hahahhahaha, hahahhahahha”

So, I’ve been making fun of him the whole day.

“So Ben, what did you do after the movie last night??? Oh, sorry that’s right, you actually didn’t watch the movie. Hahahahhahahahha”

Or “You’re feeling tired??? Probably because you arrived home late from the movie last night. Oh, ops, you didn’t watch the movie hahaahahahah…”

I can be sooo mean sometimes. I soooo love that!!! But why don’t men listen??? I have to pay them out when these things happen, don’t you think???

Well, my day at work is finishing soon, and Ben and I just had the following conversation:

Me: “What are you doing tonight??”

Ben: “Watching the Transformers

Me: “It’s 3pm, buy your ticket now…”

Ben: “It’s Friday, who will go to the cinemas tonight??”

In the story begins again…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Louis Vuitton sac [url=http://www.louisvuittonsac20133.fr]Louis Vuitton sac à main[/url] kggwzt Louis Vuitton pas cher [url=http://www.louisvuittoncuir.fr]Louis Vuitton slode[/url] ytnhfr