Thursday, November 30, 2006

Ops!!!! Intruder…

Man, ha!! Listen to this. I usually go home for lunch everyday. Yesterday after I had lunch, I heard someone dropping something off under the door. I went to check it out and there was a letter from the building carer saying something in these lines:

“I’m so sorry for the intrusion this morning. I thought you were aware of my visit. Even though I thought you were informed, I still knocked the door several times before entering the unit. I also shouted ‘hello’ all the way down the stairwell blah blah blah…”

The letter was a bit more formal than that, put you get the picture. Well, I was a bit confused and curious at the same time when I saw this letter. I was at work in the morning, and I kept wondering if a stranger did come into the unit while I was away. I kept thinking if this carer actually had been in our unit, what the hell was he doing there??? We didn’t receive any note saying they need to inspect the unit or anything like that.

Anyway, I left the note on the table but I was going to ask my flatmate if she knew anything about it once I got back from work. And that’s what I did:

Me: “B, have you seen this note??? What the hell went on this morning???”
B: “What note??? Let me see…”

(Pause for her to read it)

B: “hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha”
Me: (thank God I am not curious) “What, what, what???? Tel me, tell me, tell me…”

Well, it turned out that the carer definitely came in this morning, and she had company in her bedroom. Meanwhile, this carer nutcase comes in, knocks the unit door and no one hears him (of course – when we have company in our bedroom, we don’t hear anything that is outside the bedroom, right??). Then he decides to get into the unit anyway. Then he goes downstairs, where our bedrooms are, and goes straight to B’s room. Then he knocks the door however, he opens it straight way... Guess what he found???? tchan, tchan, tchan, tchan!!!!!! An alligator eating a bird!!!!!!

He was so embarrassed!!!! He closed the door straight away and raced to the door trying to get the hell out of the unit as quick as possible.

Man, how awful for him and for B and her ‘friend’. We still don’t know what the hell he was doing in our apartment, and that’s something I really want to know. We didn’t get any note saying he was coming around, and I don’t think he should have entered the house at all without one of us opening the door for him.

Well I hope it teaches him a lesson…

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

I guess that'll teach him! It probably made his day.

Karin said...

What an idiot, you don't just barge into someones bedroom. Actually I would be a little worried was he trying to get a peep show of her and was only caught off guard because she wasn't alone.

Paulinha said...

Geez Karin,
if that was the case, it would be a worry...

Bettina said...

Yeah, that was pretty funny! In a weird kind of way...

Sorry, but what? An alligator eating a bird??? What the...? I'm not quite following you here.

And thanks babe for making my embarassing moments public on the net! Just kidding... :-) I actually wasn't even really embarassed, just very surprised. And later on a bit annoyed. What the hell was he thinking?