Thursday, November 16, 2006

Is this fear, craziness or what???

It has been five days since we came back from Straddie Island. I think I had told you that I organised a surprise for my babe last weekend. I kidnapped him for a weekend way, just the both of us. It was absolutely marvellous!!!!

On Friday morning, I woke up a bit earlier than the usual to pack his and my stuff. I was so anxious the whole day waiting for the time to come to pick him up from work… I had to tell him that I had plans for our Friday night as he had a work function to go to, and he always attends them. But the good thing was that he thought the surprise involved only the Friday night. It didn’t occur to him that we were going to be away for the whole weekend. He actually thought we were going to the Pearl Jam concert that was on, here in Brisvegas (I really wish we got tickets for that!).

Anyway, he was very, very happy with the surprise and we had a fabulous weekend with a lot of food, alcohol and sun baking involved. I have to say that, although I got an AWESOME bikini line (us Brazilians – boys and girls - really like that white bikini shape on the body after baking hours under the sun, very weird hey??), but I’m quite hurt at the moment… it looks good though! We should do some sacrifices to look hot sometimes…

During the weekend though, I was very, very worried about the sharks that inhabit the Australian beaches. I promise I don’t want to scare anyone, and always when I talk about it here, people make fun of me. But I’m PETRIFIED of sharks. And they live bloody everywhere in Australia, rivers, channels, beaches, you name it. And what people don’t understand is that I am not scared of dying, I’m scared of having one of those animals serving themselves with a few bits of me (legs, feet, a hand – or two - , arm) but keeping me alive and making me live with the pain and the loss. Not even mentioning the terror of coming across one of them in the water, where they are five zillion times faster then me, having to look straight into their teeth. Believe me, you won’t ever meet anyone who fears sharks more than I do! Well, why am I telling you this story again? Ah! To tell you that my babe wasn’t allowed in the water without me (funny!! Not the other way around) just in case a shark was around. I’d be too worried about him. Imagine if a shark actually came?? And he was there by himself??? Know that I’d make a difference…ah!! Forget it!!! It’s too hard to explain why my almost thirty-year old boyfriend wasn’t allowed in the water without me. Also, both of us were only allowed to have a very, super quick deep in the water… so the sharks wouldn’t bother with us.

Now that I’m actually writing about this fear I have of sharks, I’m starting to realise that I’m very, very crazy!!! Do you also want to know one of the prerequisites for me to get into the water in an Australian beach? I need heaps of people around. My babe asks me why, considering that if a shark comes no one will be able to help anyone…and my answer is (and I try very hard to believe it!) that they will get distracted by so many people that they will leave me alone. There are always a few people that are swimming further away from the shore than I am. Man, this is sick!!!!

No comments: