Monday, December 04, 2006

I shopped till I dropped!!!

Hello everyone!! Today is Monday, and as a full-time worker, I have to say this isn’t my favourite day of the week. I hate to think that I still have 4 days ahead of me until I get two days off… :(

I had a great weekend though!!! My babe is getting admitted in the bar (I don’t know if that’s how you say this exactly. He’ll be admitted as a solicitor) in a week, and we are having a big party to celebrate. As I’m the first lady (ha!!!), I really want to look outstanding!! So that’s how my weekend became great!!!

I convinced him to come shoe shopping with me on Saturday, as I’ve already bought the dress for the admission party. There is this great outlet here in Brisbane, close to the airport with heaps of good brands with reduced price. Oh yeah!!!

He was super patient with the whole getting IN and OUT of every single bloody store, but as I know him sooooo well, he was getting very bored (and I think it’s fair enough!!!). Yeah, and I was getting very frustrated, as I wasn’t finding bloody anything. So an hour (only!!!) later, after a jacket and small little boring top, we decided to leave.

I was very, very frustrated as I usually go to this outlet with B, spend 3-5 hours shopping, and leave with at least 10 bags. But not Saturday, noooopppp!!! So I had to fix this problem. I still had the whole Sunday to be able to find this pair of shoes to go to the party.

I was determined to go back on Sunday, hopefully with my beautiful crime (ops!), shopping partner B, and sort this shit out!!!!

I was very excited after B agreed to come, and help me with my hunt to get a pair of shoes. B and I got up in the morning, put on our shopping gear (it consists of comfy shoes and easy to put on and take off clothes to easy the whole trying new outfits process) and we headed to the outlet. Man, it was FUN!!! We got there at 12pm and we had a quick bite to eat. Then the hunt started…4-and-a-half hours later (and a couple of hundred dollars less), I finally got the shoes for the admission party. But not only that!!! I got a perse (mine was old and almost black. It used to be red), pair of pants, a belt (red. Everyone NEEDS a red belt!), a red pair of shoes because I don’t have any (only two) like the ones I bought and a handbag. Ah!!! I also bought a X-Mas present for my babe’s auntie who I LOVE very much!!! B got a dress, two tops and a pair of red shoes as well. I’m telling you, girls NEED red shoes, belts, handbags. Red is THE colour!!!

My biggest excitement of the whole day though was when I got home. Babe was watching the Cricket (there is a very important competition happening here in Australia at the moment), and as soon as I arrived he asked me to see everything I had bought. And although I was feeling a bit shitty as I spent so much money, he was absolutely supportive of my shopping. He said I needed every single thing I bought and he loves the shoes I bought for his party. Man, I LOVE this man!!!! I feel so lucky that he always supports me but he still tells me when I’m wrong. I’m so lucky to have him!!!

That was my great weekend. By the time I got home, my back was so sore and I was exhausted!!! I definitely shopped till I dropped… in bed!!!!

1 comment:

Bettina said...

I loved that afternoon too. Amiga, as I said to you, you can always count on me to support you on a shopping trip. I'm always there when you need me. But don't expect me to talk you out of buying anything because you feel guilty. Girls can never have enough shoes, bags, belts and clothes. Never.

Oh, and how funny is it that you say you love your man because he supports your shopping habit! That's a very valid point. ;-)