Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Chapter 2: Friends, the family we choose...


Isn’t this saying great??? “Friends, the family we choose!” But I couldn’t agree more!!! Last night I had two friends coming over to my place in one of those ‘last moment’ things (which I absolutely love, by the way!!! I love spontaneous behaviour!!!), and we had some dinner and wine.
After a few glasses, we started talking about our friends back in our home country. In my case, all my friends at home go back to the ancient time. Not that I’m that old, but most of my best friendships started back in primary school…and, despite the distance between us, we still love, care and think of each other a lot.
But who doesn’t have that friend who we used to love to spend heaps of time with, but now we just CAN’T STAND them???
Well, I do, I do and I do. I have (had) this friend who is ABSOLUTELY spoiled. She drives me MAD!!!! Don’t you hate spoiled people???? The ones who, when you’re having a discussion (or an argument) they will speak up their mind and walk off on you. You just stand their frustrated because they were stupid (immature) enough to not let you share your opinion. Or how about, when they get frenetic and rude to you because you disagree with something they say. They also cut you off when you are having a very interesting talk with someone else to tell you a plain joke, and when you don’t laugh at it they say “You’re boring!!!!” Ooohhhh dear, I hate spoiled people!!!! There is nothing worse for a person to be. I’m exaggerating, I know. But that’s a pretty bad thing.
Well it turned out that I kind of got rid of her. As in, all the time I go back to my home country, I barely see her because she doesn’t hang around with my friends anymore. They can’t stand her either hehehehehe… I know that’s mean. But did she ever let anyone tell her that she wasn’t being a very nice person and she would miss out??? No, she DIDN’T!!! So face the consequences.
I actually felt sorry for her once when we were all in a friend’s wedding, and we started talking about how awesome the Hen’s party had been, until she realised (so did we) that she was the only one in the table that hadn’t been invited for it. How sad!!!
Well, I don’t know why I dedicated the second chapter of my book to this person who I don’t even like much. I guess it was actually to remind myself of how much I love my real friends, the unspoiled ones. Also to use this opportunity to say to you all that I love you very much and you all have a HUGE place in my heart. I definitely have chosen you to be my family.

5 comments:

Bettina said...

I do hope you count me among your unspoilt friends. Because it looks like your spoilt ones are in a hell of a lot of trouble.

And babe, you know how much I appreciate you, but can I just say your triple exlamation-marking and question-marking is driving me insane? It's like you're always screaming really loud. Relax! ;-)

Paulinha said...

Bebe,
I have to express myself somehow when I write. That's why I am not a writer, I'm a speaker!!!! (ops, there we go with the explamation mark, sorry).

mardymichi said...

Why, look who's here. Isn't that beautiful Paula! Nice to see you on here. Hope to have you on my blog as a guest some time. Beixos...

Bettina said...

Come on, babe, it's time for a new chapter. Bring it on!

LiberdadeViaDividendos said...

Que surpresa!! Vou ler seu blog depois, assim que tiver um tempo livre! Por favor faça um link entre eles pois eu ainda n descobri como fazer isso!!rsrs

Bjão.