Tuesday, October 09, 2007

It sounds like a decision here

I could still smell the rain from the night before. The streets weren’t wet though. I wondered if the lighting and the rain came only inside my head, or maybe just above my house, my roof.

I crossed the road in the same usual spot. I walked up the same set of stairs, I set down on the little corner that I always have, waiting for the 323. In the background I could hear the beautiful sound of a sax - my favourite instrument. That was the only novelty to that scenario. The people walking by were the same, wearing pretty much the same clothes as always. Familiar faces doing daily, exactly what I was doing… going to work.

It seemed like I had never left. I seemed like I wasn’t way for three months. But the true is, I felt totally different, everything smelt differently, and suddenly I wasn’t as comfortable as usual. Something was missing…

Things here may not have changed at all in the past three months, but my life, oh my life, it has changed totally, upside down. And when I say ‘upside down’, I don’t mean that my life isn’t good, I just mean that things have changed TOTALLY!!! My plans from a few months back make no sense anymore. And plans that seemed so far to occur now seem perfectly suitable for the moment I’m in. How ironic!!!

This place doesn’t feel so right anymore. I’m missing something or maybe a few things. As days go by I notice that everything is becoming clearer. My time in Australia has expired and I want to go home for good.

I miss my family, friends, all the beloved ones. I miss my culture, my food, and the good times. That I’ll miss Australia, the lovely, lovely friends I met here, all the crazy moments of freedom I had, that’s for sure!!! But we should know when it’s time to abandon the ship. And this time has come for me, pirate. I’m off!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do Pirates like Rum? Cause it's got an Rrrrrrrrrrrr in it.

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or does Ashley Wilson have a perm?

Kat said...

Being new here, I don't know all the history, but I do know that sometimes when life upends itself and everything changes - you go with your gut and do what feels right for you. :)