Thursday, October 11, 2007

Men are weird!!

Honestly, I don’t get it!!! Let me tell you this story. On my way from Brazil, my flight was canceled before I left Auckland to Australia. Everyone in that flight had to stay over in New Zealand for the night. There was a group of seven Brazilians, including myself, hanging out. We were all set to stay in the same hotel. It was quite fun, actually, we got a few (yes, right! A few!) beers and stayed in the hotel the whole day drinking piss.

Apart from myself, they were all traveling to Australia for the first time. Everyone was curious and very excited about the whole thing, as you would. They asked me heaps and heaps of questions and I was the one elected to deal with the situation, because of my English. I was the person who talked to the hotel people, the airline etc. Well, to summarize, I was being very nice, patient, answering all their questions, helping them out as much as I could. You know, I like helping people because I’m a very sweet person. Yes, I am!!!

Anyway, one of the guys didn’t speak a word in English. And not only that, it was his first time leaving Brazil. And not only that either, it was his first time in an airplane... owww! So, he felt safe around me, for some reason. And we hung out a lot. I didn’t mind helping him out at all. He was a nice guy, and I kinda imagine he was going through a difficult situation. But there was nothing going on between us, for sure!!! I was being helpful, he found someone to count on, and that was the deal. No flirting whatsoever, I promise!

So, the next day when we arrived at the airport (bloody 3.30am, mind you), everyone was going nuts. As our flight had been canceled the day before, everyone was trying to get into flights that morning. The airport was crowded, and the Air New Zealand staff (the loveliest and most helpful people!!) was trying really hard to fit everyone into flights. The seven of us finally got our flight arrangements, but not everyone together. Four of us went first, then two, and finally the last one. Guess who was the unlucky, lonely one??? My little buddy!!! Poor guy, I felt sooooo sorry for him. I could see on his eyes he was about to have a nerve-break-down. I reckon he would have taken the first plane back to Brazil if he could. I really felt for him and I couldn’t stop thinking about him. Poor boy, he couldn’t speak English, and his flight was only two o’clock that arvo (long time to go, if you’ve been in the airport since 3.30am).

Well, once I got home and things were settled I sent him an email asking for some news. He got me very worried when I left NZ, you know!! Now, guess what he wrote back to me?? Something on those lines: “I’m fine, thanks for asking. I really would like you to come and spend a weekend with me in Sydney because you’re a hottie!!!!” WHAT THE?????

After all my dedication and concern, all he can think about is a nice pair of legs and the big (and natural – excuse me!!) boobs?!??!?!?! Oh, please!!!! Why are men like that?? I really appreciate when a guy compliment me in the way I look. But I’m much more than that!!! I like when guys go past this point, and say something a bit more original like I’m funny, I’m authentic, intelligent or maybe I’m honest, I don’t know!! Just don’t say you want spend the weekend with me because I’m hot!! I’ll punch you in the face and you’ll see how a hot girl can cool you down very quickly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paulinha,

I think you are Funny, authentic, intelligent and honest. I definately don't want to spend the weekend with you because you are hot. But it sure helps. Makes the boring bits when the conversation dies down more bearable.

Paulinha said...

Thanks Gavin,
That's funny!!! Good point! I guess I'd spend a weekend with a guy if he put it down that way :-)

Anonymous said...

How does Hamilton Island sound? I'll pick you up on Friday. We can have an authentic, funny, intelligent weekend away.

LiberdadeViaDividendos said...

hahaha, This post cracked me up!
Have you read my post about frindship between man anw women(int)


See you.

Unknown said...

Amigaaaaaaa!!!
Vc é mesmo muiiiiiiito gostosa!!!!
Hauhauahaua...tb, com essa dianteira naturalíssima!!! hahahaha
Queria o que???
TE AMOOOOO