Thursday, September 18, 2008

Peaceful soul, bloody priceless!!!

I should be embarrassed to turn up here after 4 bloody months. But you know what, I'm like that! I don't give a rat's ass. I don't ask you to come and visit me. I have to admit though, that I appreciate very much your company, but don't come here nagging for more attention because I just cannot handle it at the moment. I'm here today just to let you know that I'm alive. I'm surviving Brazil... hooray!!! Honestly, the whole excitement doesn't come because of that, but because I'm finally in peace with myself. Not sure about in peace with Brazil yet. That's a totally different story...

Yeah, wondering why I have a peaceful soul?!?!? Or maybe how to get one?!? I'm afraid I'll have to inform you that they are NOT for sale. I have not a clue how I got into this stage of my life, but I have to let you know it feels bloody great! You should try it!!! That's all about being able to come and go to wherever hell you want to, whoever company you choose to go with, at any time you like. It's all about not needing someone to present to society with the excuse that you're a not a miserable single person. In fact, I LOVE being single!!! Note that I hope to not be single for the rest of my life. I really, really want to have a family, with a loving husband and children!!! But Gosh, not now!!! I'm enjoying my freedom, learning about myself, creating my boundaries, focusing on what really matters to me now, professional life, family, friends, fun times, laughter!!! Oh Gosh, it feels good!!!

I guess this whole conversation came about 5 months ago or so, when a friend of mine said he didn't want a girlfriend (he's been single for 3 years ish), because a peaceful soul was priceless. At that point, I didn't understand what he meant, and I felt sorry for him. But now, I know it and I get it and it's great!! Also, as all my girlfriends are seeing someone, and as I 'watch' their relationship, I see they all have their issues, things that I just don't feel like dealing with right now. So I'm just happy that I don't have anything to worry about at the moment but myself... am I being selfish here??? Oh well, I don't care. I just feel great!!! But please, I cannot deny that there are still little issues that I've been dealing with since I got back, and they annoy the hell out of me. But I feel I can handle all these issues better because I have great support for this journey; my peaceful soul!!!!

3 comments:

Bettina said...

Babe, I am so happy you have a peaceful soul... I know these things come and go in waves... you might feel very peaceful one day, and then suddenly all restless again the next. But when you feel strong and balanced, hold on to the feeling. And no, it's not selfish at all to enjoy the fact that you only have to worry about yourself right now. Looking after yourself is your priority number one.

Babe, it was soooooooooooo nice to speak to you the other day! I could have talked for five hundred hours more (remember- everything is five hundred?)... Te amo!

Paulinha said...

Oh B,
I couldn't agree more. But I wouldn't say we could talk for more five hundred hous, but five hundred days!!!!!! (Of course I remember the five hundred hehehhe...)
Miss you heaps babe!!!
Beijão!!!!!!

Unknown said...

"O bem mais importante que eu tenho hoje é paz de espírito"
By João Neto!! hehehehe
AMOOOOOO