Thursday, April 19, 2007

Letter to the father

“Dad,

I know you aren’t a terrible person. In fact I think you are a good guy!!! I just think you’ve forgotten to be a good son to your parents, a good husband to your (ex)wife (mum) and a good father to your kids (my brother and I).

I don’t know if I can say I hate you, because most probably I don’t. I just wish you’d listen more, and never played ‘the victim’ in every single fucking game! I wish you’d be a team player and swim in the same current to us (not sure if this metaphor makes sense…).

Why aren’t you a bit more down to earth and realise that everything you’ve built so far was together with mum. And without her, you’d have done fuck all??? Why don’t you face your responsibilities and problems instead of always saying “Don’t tell me your problems, I’ve got enough to worry about already”???

Don’t you see that all you’ve been doing your whole life is push people away from you and hurt the people who most care about you??? I’m soooo tired of being disappointed by you. I just can’t handle this anymore!!!! When the fuck are you going to grow up???

Please, note one thing. MONEY is very good, but it isn’t all!!! My brother and I would rather a stable, responsible and caring father than a rich one!!

I’m also tired of the old bullshit “I work for my kids”, because by not accepting criticism and always getting pissed off if we make any suggestions prove that you don’t mean it. Do you really???

I wish you'd also leave this stupid pride aside and get back with mum. Not because I can’t live with separated parents or she’s desperate in love with you – a) I don’t live with my parents and b) mum is better off without you – but because we all know that she’s your balance and the brain of the relationship. Without her I’m sure you’ll end up giving your money (read my inheritance) to the first little bitch you come across.

Again, I’d like to say that I don’t hate you, I just don’t see you as a father. I know we have fun together, and we laugh at each other jokes, and you’re a very pleasant person to be around…but… (sigh)!!! I wish I could figure out what you mean to me and how I feel about you…

All I can think about at the moment is that you make me sad and you make me cry…”

3 comments:

LiberdadeViaDividendos said...

Sure you can......and I thought people would curse me....

Bettina said...

Oh linda, what a brave letter to write. Maybe you should send one like that to him sometime.

I hope and know that things will all work out for you and your family at some stage. It might not look like it now, but some day, it will all be fine- I wish this for you.

Paulinha said...

Thanks B!!!
It all sucks at the moment, but some day it'll be over...I hope!!!